Google
 

my slide

Sunday, August 12, 2007

What is a Mother?

my sister Neri, Joe and my Nanay


A mother is a woman who conceives, gives birth to , or raises and nurtures a child. We all know that we all have a mother. even animals has their mother. even Jesus Christ has His own mother,VIrgin Mary and for Catholics, She is the mother of all mothers.

We all love our mother.of course we love both our parents, but usually, it's with our mother that we are closer because we were with her since the time that she was conceiving,from the time of our birth, and even when we are already adult and have our own family, the bond will always be there.

I can only speak of my own mother. Unlike other kids, i dont tell her much that i love her but i know she knew it and I really adore her, she'll soon be turning 75 but she's still strong, her eyes can still see clearly, and she can still attend some gimiks with her amigas...lol.

I grew up looking up at my mother.I saw her transformed from being a caring housewife,a caring mother to her 7kids(actually we were 8 but the baby died just after a few days when he was born and the 5 of us didnt even see him) to being a single parent.

Yes, my mother became a widow at the age of 43.Our eldest was barely 20yrs old when my father died,i was just 9yrs old and my youngest brother was 5. It was really a big blow to my family.My father was a seaman, had an appendectomy in France but unluckily for him, he got a liver complication that resulted to his death.The last time we saw our father alive was when we saw him leave from the airport,and it was hard to welcome him again inside the box....Lifeless!

It was the start of my mother's sacrifices, just a few months after my father passed away, another tragedy hit us, our house was burnt by fire.but then God saved us coz nobody from my family got hurt..Thanks be to God.

And life must continue, my mother devoted her time from being a mother and a father as well,she was a dressmaker, she didnt waste any single time, she worked hard for us. even i was just a kid then, i remember there were men who were visiting her and trying to win her heart her but she said no,she was so determined to make a living for us and didnt have time, didnt even think of getting another husband...I really admire her for that.

She was able to sent us to school,the 3 of us girls finished college, but the 4 boys didnt make it.she told them, she gave them a chance to finish their studies and take the course they wanted but they didnt grab the opportunity, so they cant blame her for that.

Like others, life has its ups and downs.And when i had mine, she was there to help me and helped me recover.yes, I managed to fight all those tests that came my way with my mother beside me. I know by heart she still has lots of dreams that she'd like to fulfill someday,i also have dreams for her and i hope she's still here when im ready to give it to her.

As of now, she already has 12 grandkids which she adore so much. one came from me of course...lol :p . Every Friday, she goes to Quiapo Church as her devotion to the Black Nazarene,sometimes she's going out with her friends, Malling...heheheh...my son loves her so much because she spoiled him... :p

I know I still have a long way compared to my mother who've been through a lot. I dont know if i can be as strong as my mother but there's one thing i would want to do.... TO BE A GOOD MOTHER LIKE SHE IS TO US....

Salamat Inay sa inyong pagpapala! ( Thanks Mom for taking good care of us)